- A Woman’s Worth (live) – Alicia Keys – Unplugged
Miss Keys is a regular on my shuffles. I prefer the original recording of this song. The unplugged album as a whole is pretty “up and down”
- Pyramid – Wolfmother – Wolfmother
- Hooker With a Penis – Tool – Ænima
Am I allowed to say “penis” on a blog? Of course in rugby a hooker with a penis is usually the case.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana – Nevermind
There are some albums that I feel I should own as a product of 90’s music. Nevermind, Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Ten are the big ones on my list. It’s less of a thing I should have to prove I was “there” but more of a “these albums were the culture at the defining point of my life” (i.e. teenagerism)
- Carmella – Beth Orton – Daybreaker
There’s nothing nicer than a bit of Beth Orton on a hot day, drinking mint juleps under a tree in a field. I am, however, at work on a grey rainy day and Beth is still nice to hear.
- Jumble – Minuit – the 88
I only got this album a little while ago but I am loving every minuit of it (har har)
– Sublime – Sublime Garden Grove
Sublime = Roadtrip. There was no chance, NO CHANCE, of that so I skipped this song.
- Boom Boom – John Lee Hooker – Best of…
Made coffee while I listened to this. Co-workers looked at me strangely while I sing under my breath “gonna shoot you right down”
- Bad Dream – Tricky feat. ? – Pre-Millenium Tension
I don’t know who the chick is singing this but I love this song. It conjures up so many short films.
- Me and Bobby McGee – Janis Joplin – Best of…
and finish with a classic.
The songs actually got better after this (not that these were bad) including Neko Case’s song The Tigers Have Spoken which is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard.