Who has got the cure for the sit-at-home blues? Ask Dr Grabthar. Now with bigger, easier to read font!

Friday, April 21, 2006

[General] The Tumble-ing Tumble-weeds

Not a whole lot has been posted here recently, why’s that? Well go check out Wellingtonista. See?

I’ve also been a-voting at the Webby Awards. You been there yet? It is the perfect place to find the best of the web and get a new set of bookmarks. I’m about half way through the list of nominees at the moment.

Then Jed came round the other night to drop off some home-grown bok choi, home-made relish (both which tasted awesome) and a CD containing some brilliant music. It included The KleptonesNight at the Hip-Hopera and Yoshimi Battles the Hip-Hop Robots and many others. My current favourite though is MC Hawking’s, A Brief History of Rhyme. Yes, a rapping Stephen Hawking.

It’s unknown who MC Hawking really is but whoever it is they know how to rap and about science. “Unstable like the isotope the resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate” and “I explode like a bomb. No one is spared. My power is my mass times the speed of light squared.” But seriously the song The Dozens had me in tears, it’s so damn funny.

Finally, for this post, go and see this CRAZY video at Noizyland. I have watched it like a dozens times now. I’m fairly sure it isn’t a fake, but can’t be completely sure.

No comments: