Who has got the cure for the sit-at-home blues? Ask Dr Grabthar. Now with bigger, easier to read font!

Friday, January 20, 2006

[Sport] He's more Mangini than Man now

Everything you need to know about new Jets coach Eric Mangini is here (free NY Post registration required). Thanks to Bassett at Jets Blog for the link.

In other Jets news: Donnie Henderson is gone as defensive coordinator.

Then there was this article about the last Knicks game.

"I witnessed my wife being threatened by a man that I learned later to be intoxicated," Davis said through a spokesman. "I saw him touch her and I know I should not have acted the way I did, but I would have felt terrible if I didn't react. There was no time to call security. It happened too quickly."

That was the statement from Antonio Davis after he ran into the stands to protect his wife from a heckler. She then had to restrain him from going after the guy (who was turfed out by security). Ron Artest punched a fan last year after a cup of beer was thrown at him. Since then there is a strict no-tolerance policy for entering the stands. Davis could be suspended for 10 games.

There is more here including a video for you voyeurs. I’m unsure what I would do if I was the NBA in this situation. Still 10 games is only (roughly) 5% of the regular season. It would the equivalent of suspending an NFL player for 48mins of one game.

No comments: