Who has got the cure for the sit-at-home blues? Ask Dr Grabthar. Now with bigger, easier to read font!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Tis the Season

I love Christmas!* And when I heard that there was going to be a Shrek Christmas special, well I just about puked I was so happy!!!!

From the Herald:

Everyone's favourite ogre will make a special small-screen appearance this Christmas, in the television special Shrek The Halls.

Set on Christmas Eve, Shrek finds himself accosted by Donkey, Puss In Boots and the Gingerbread Man, who try to disrupt Shrek's newfound domestic bliss.

All of your favourite voice actors are back too!!! Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas. All of whom desperately need money.

Shrek is not my favourite ogre though, far from it. Still it is hard to pick. I mean do you pick Gustave Doré's baby-eating ogre from Hop o' My Thumb? Or do you prefer the ogre from Orlando furioso who discovers Norandino and Lucina during their honeymoon?


I don't remember Shrek doing that?

*No really I do love it

2 comments:

llew said...

Grendel! Gre-e-e-e-endel...!

Or was he a troll?

Hadyn said...

Good question.
According to Wikipedia
"Grendel is referred to as a march-stepper, literally meaning a "boundary-land walker," a walker in outlands or desolate places.

Grendel's mother and Grendel are described as descendants of the Biblical Cain."