Who has got the cure for the sit-at-home blues? Ask Dr Grabthar. Now with bigger, easier to read font!

Friday, March 11, 2005

Misty Watercolour Memories

You remember the A-Team? Of course you do, everyone does!!!
Remember how they added that woman in later episodes? Remember how you thought that it was slightly naff? Well hang on to your big gold chains ladies and gents, coming in 2006…The A-Team Movie!
Coming hot on the heels of Dukes of Hazzard: The Movie, starring–God I don’t know if I can actually say this–Jessica Simpson and that muntard* from Dude Where’s My Car, is this new disaster.
How did I find out? Click here. Here’s a scary quote:

With little information available yet, most of the internet blather has centered
around casting. It takes zero imagination to declare that Clooney would make a
textbook Hannibal Smith. Same goes for Ving Rhames or The Rock as B.A.
Baracus.

I would imagine that Dirk Benedict is pissed off enough that the Battlestar Galactica remake changed his character, Starbuck, into a woman. Still this part is funny.

Please have a look around the links I have finally added to the right-hand side.

* A Muntard is like a munter but worse. So stupid (s)he doesn’t know (s)he’s offensive. Please feel free to add it to your lexicon.

1 comment:

liz said...

Mel Gibson was suggested for Hannibal, but that was a while ago. Either way, it's a bad idea. You can't go back. How about some original plots, instead of stealing what was cool in the 80s and making us feel old. Don't ruin the good memories of this show for me.

As for Jessica, I shake my head. Daisy Duke didn't wear much for clothing, but she was smart. Some say that Jessica "acts" dumb. Folks, no one is that good of an actor. She just isn't that bright.

But most of all: Mr. T. There just is no substitute. I pity the fool who tries to cast that movie.