Who has got the cure for the sit-at-home blues? Ask Dr Grabthar. Now with bigger, easier to read font!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The games people play

I have been tagged.

That is tagged in terms of Tag: A children's game in which one player pursues the others until he (or she) is able to touch one of them, who then in turn becomes the pursuer. This is internet/blog tag.

It’s a blog meme designed to get people to read your blog and vice versa. Unlike some memes this one doesn’t get sent to anyone they have to come to me and read that they have been tagged. I got tagged by Ben who also tagged this lot:

A Girl Running

Alan

Martha

Narcosis

The instructions for this tag.

1. Go into your archive & find your 23rd post.

2. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to & share the text of the sentence with these instructions.

3. Tag five to do the same.

Ok so let’s play along…

  1. 23rd…23rd…ah here it is. It’s entitled: Get your f*ckin' ACT together!
  2. The fifth (and sixth) line of my 23rd post (excluding Jose’s stuff and Jim’s travel diaries) is: Interestingly ACT would want [John Banks] to run as an electoral (not a list) M.P. This alters ACT's gameplan which was previously to simply pray for enough votes.
  3. Um, I suppose I have to tag bloggers who I know that actually come here, so:
    1. Mike
    2. Tom
    3. Jose
    4. Dena
    5. Ummmm… I actually think that might do for the moment

What have I taken from this?

Well it is interesting to go back over what I wrote when I first started back in January of ‘ought five (that’s 2005 to all non-old timey prospectors). Retrospectives can be fun. The above example is crazy because ACT didn’t get Banksy in the end but still won an electorate.

I have been better at my predictions though. Before the Superbowl I wrote that:

I would say it's gonna be a close game and the Pats will win by 1 or 2 points with a pissy little FG. If this is what happens the Patriots should officially change their name to the New England Vinitieris, in honour of the man, kicker Adam Viniteiri, who won them all of the Superbowls. The little face on the side of the helmets can be altered to look like him and when he retires he can become their offical mascot.

And some things really don’t change like this (which earned me my first angry response):

It’s just hard to imagine a game of cricket being thrilling, all the time. Most of the plays in cricket are dull. Block, block, single, block, single, block. Or worse, a maiden over with no wickets. They often bring in spinners to slow things down!

Also it seems that in January the weather was hot (go figure) and people didn’t like Don Brash. Maybe our brains went in to hibernation over the winter and people started to listen to the Brashster because he got a few votes in the end.

I also realised that I never finished putting Jim Coe’s travel exploits up so I might finish that. And I think I might redecorate as well…stay tuned.

No comments: