Who has got the cure for the sit-at-home blues? Ask Dr Grabthar. Now with bigger, easier to read font!

Friday, November 11, 2005

[General] As seen on radio

Oh to be back in the BIG smoke: Auckland (well it’s big for New Zealand).

Yesterday I was “interviewed” for Mikey Havocs bFm drive show. My friend José does the news on a Thursday and wanted a quote or two about “The Cheerleader Story”. Unfortunately José later said that the quote he ended up using made me sound chauvinistic (which is a shame because I SO am not). He also said that Mikey enjoyed my analysis of a certain infamous George W Bush photo.

Of course I only know this second-hand because I live in Wellington and cannot get bFm. I could stream it…but my employer has negative ideas about that subject.

However whilst grazing the website I found this competition. It reminded a lot of Wellingtonistas Wellington Cocktail competition (click the comments to see peoples’ entries) so I’d thought I’d put it up here and see what my visitors can come up with.

Participants are invited to submit their own cocktail recipe using products from the designated "Cocktail Cabinet".

Cocktail Cabinet:

Absolut Citron

Absolut Kurant

Absolut Mandrin

Absolut Peppar

Absolut Vodka

Absolut Vanilia

Apple Sourz

Cointreau

Frangelico

Galliano

Galliano Amaretto

Galliano Sambuca

Glayva

Jim Beam Bourbon

Mount Gay Rum

Midori

Mozart Chocolate Liqueur

Piper Heidsieck Champagne

Plymouth Gin

Remy Martin Cognac

St Remy Brandy

Suntory Banana Liqueur

Suntory Blue Curacao Liqueur

Suntory Mango Liqueur

Suntory Strawberry Liqueur

The Famous Grouse Whisky


So go to it Wellingtonians and other visitors, and have fun.

No comments: